Ten Reasons I Know I’m Back in Texas
1. I can order Dr. Pepper anywhere I go.
2. The Iced Tea tastes good.
3. Local craft stores have big displays with supplies for making homecoming mums. (see picture)
4. At the seminary orientation we were served biscuits and gravy for breakfast and King Ranch Chicken for lunch.
5. Local fast food restaurants serve carrot raisin salad as a “healthy side” option. (not that I would ever eat it…)
6. People spell “y’all” correctly. (okay second grade spelling lesson for all y’all Midwesterners – the apostrophe replaces the dropped letters. So when contracting “you all” the apostrophe goes between the “y” and the “a” NOT the “a” and the “l”. This isn’t a pet peeve of mine or anything…)
7. I can go swimming without freezing to death and wear a tank top without being “immodest.”
8. My neighbors have a palm tree in their yard.
9. I have access to eco-friendly cleaners and lawn-care options.
10. It’s hot (duh).